Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Wordless (nearly) Wednesday - LVene in High School


Wordless (nearly) Wednesday - LVene Smith in High School


I've been holding this one in reserve, and that time has come. It is from the mid-1920s. Front row, 2nd from left, is my aunt LVene (my Dad's sister) - the lady who grew up to do so much of the family genealogy of our Smith family; from which I have greatly benefited. Another relative in the photo, second guy from the left, back row, is Dutch Preston (he would have been a first cousin to LVene). Also, of course, several neighbors and friends from through the years (e.g. Oral Thomas, back row, second from right - he farmed across the section from where I grew up; I went to one-room country school with his son and daughter in the 1940s).



Families are Forever!  ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment